9/15/2006

Commitment-Phobia

ok ok ok ok ok!!!! I know I'm the only one to blame... I keep choosing to date commitment-phobic men. It has got to be something in me that gets drawn to that type of man even if I don't know he IS that type of man.

so right now, what I need is a Masculine-Language-to-English-translation. Here's the story:

I told you about Mr. Quiet. He returned from his busniess trip less and less quiet. Fantastic!!! We talked every day, even asked me out to dinner with his close friends on Saturday night. We had a blast! I play a weekly Risk game every Tuesday night, and quiet guy advised my friends that the game was being moved to Monday, cause Tuesday was his birthday... yes, HE organized and talked to my friends and behaved boyfriend-ish, without me ever asking. So, his birthday comes and he asks me for my friends' full names to invite them to his party... it was like 10 of his closest people and MY friends... again, quite boyfriendy, no?

So, tequila tequila tequila (it had been 10 yrs since I had my last tequila in CanCun for my senior trip). Anywhooo... we were really hitting it off. I was feeling happy. I was feeling taken care of. I was not thinking about anything other than I really like spending time with this guy and I really would like to get to know what he's about.

Not-so-quiet-anymore-guy: So, what do you want from me?
Jewcess: Mmmmm... nothing. (I keep laughing and dancing and partying)
time passes...
Jewcess: What do YOU want from me?
Not-so-quiet-anymore-guy: nothing... (laugh)but you're gonna have to tell me what you want from me when I drive you home.

So, he's driving me home, and honestly, this is 4am on a Tuesday night, I have had tequila, I am thinking the realtionship is walking marvelously and from what I can clearly recall from the conversation he said:

"I don't want a serious relationship. I don't want commitment. I just came out of a relationship. I don't want to report myself to someone 24/7 and I don't want to call anybody my girlfriend. I really like you and I have lots of fun with you but I don't want anything serious right now with anybody"

Of course, the only thing that crossed my mind was to give him a peck on the cheek, saying, I really love hanging out with you, but I guess we're in different channels...and got out of the car.

Wednesday morning he said we would talk about this another time, cause he knows it was really crazy timing (no sh** Sherlock!!!)... anywhooo, I would love to have a translator cause I am really doubting what he said or what he meant because of the inconsistency of his actions.

In a nutshell, yes, he is not that into me, and that is that, which is why unless he pulls down heaven and earth for me, we're through... but, did he really mean:

A) I really like you, but I'm freaking out. I just got out of a relationship and with you I would love to take it really slow so we don't do something stupid.

B) I've had fun, but hey, I'm done. Bye bye, baby, bye bye.

C) I wanna see how much power I have over you and see if you're gonna take all my crap.

D) None of the above.

So, watcha all think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In a nutshell, probably a combination of A and C. He has crap timing to ask a question like that, especially after tequila :-)

The Not-so-quiet-anymore-guy: nothing... (laugh)but you're gonna have to tell me what you want from me when I drive you home. screams - "If you want sex, your gonna have to ask for it, cause I'm no mind reader - and I like making you ask for it"

Not much help, I know, but I've seen quite a few "I'm not looking for anything serious" type relationships turn into long term things. If you like him, and he likes you, slog it out a bit longer and see what happens.

Good Luck!