9/04/2006

dating is terrifying!!!

I wonder what it is about dating when you reach a certain age. I remember being 18/19 and falling head over heels with no stress, not thinking twice about it and saying what came into my head. I don't know if I've had way too many dissapointments, read to many "Rules" books or books with titles like "he's not that into you" maybe it's the fact that Spiderman talks to a wall if necessary and would never shut up and my new date is quiet as a mouse and freaks the heck out of me cause I don't know what goes on in his head.... I'm totally freaking out!!!!

So, here's an update: I have talked and seen him every day. Which according to "The Rules" is soooooo wrong cause he'll fall out of like ASAP. He left on a business trip today. Do you know how long ago was the last time I was seeing someone who was not leaving the country in a few days? Someone I could see every day? So, yeah, I'm freaking out.

People who are starting to fall for each other usually talk and laugh a lot. And we do, but just a bit. He's sooo darn quiet!!! He comes up with a joke or two. And we talk, it's not like we're always quiet.... but I'm used to speaking my mind and debating and talking and giving my opinions.. and he is very conservative with words. It's a good hting... I'm enough of a Word Tsunami for both of us.... LOL.

Oh well... he left and will be back in a couple of days. Hope he misses me, hope he thinks of me, hope my insecurities go down the drain before he gets back.

Anybody out there ever date a quiet, quiet man? I need to know if it's normal!!! HELP!!!

1 comment:

Hila said...

oh dear! don't worry about the quiet ones---they often just take a while to warm up! of the "quiet" guys i've dated, i have found that 95% of them really enjoy just listening and observing, and that's how they take in the world around them, so they're naturally drawn to people like us who are, as you so aptly put it, Word Tsunamis. :-) Men who are quiet don't speak unless they feel they have something to say that is really important, but it's not that they think you blather on incessantly, rather, it's really just a matter of personality. I dated a guy for a year and a half and it was pretty serious, and he was definitely conservative with his words. At first I used to bug him about it, asking him if anything was wrong, why he wasn't talking so much, etc. He always told me that he just didn't have anything to say but that he liked listening to me and would put in his opinion when he thought it was necessary/appropriate. I used to think that it still secretly must bother him that I yakked so much, but after several months I began to realise that he wasn't like this just with me, but with the rest of his friends and family as well. So, basically, chill out. Everything will be fine. Unless he's autistic or something, you have nothing to worry about with a quiet one! Just be your normal, talkative self, and all will work out dandy. :-D