7/11/2006

Humanity

There is a Hassidic saying that goes something like this:

The virtue of angels is that they cannot deteriorate; their flaw is that they cannot improve. Humanity's flaw is that we can deteriorate; but our virtue is that we can improve.

And so we need to do. We need improvement. We live in an era where we think we are illuminated and wise, just because we have amazing technology and communications... we have forgotten to be humans. We have forgotten we are just tools for G-d's creation and we have forgotten that I am a part of you and you are a part of me, and we are only atoms or cells or whatever you want to call them of a bigger organism, a bigger plan, a bigger goal.

But we keep killing each other... like cancer kills our bodies growing in an abnormal way. I cannot explain how tired I am of crying while reading/hearing news... blasts in Israel, blasts in India... these wonderful spiritual centers, covered in blood, in shame, in evil...

But the worst of all is the impotence. What can we do? I daven real real hard... I meditate, I help whomever I can and smile at every human being. I give love and comfort to others as much as I am capable of at this time... I do yoga and teach yoga, my way of promoting inner peace... yet, it's not enough, but I can hardly think of anything else or anywhere else to go...

If anybody at all is reading this blog, help me out here... daven real hard, learn, love, teach, and smile... and if you can let me know about it.

May HIS great name be blessed forever and ever.

No comments: