7/24/2006

My heart is with Israel but my head is trying to move on... a bit at least

All of last week my head was in Israel... 24/7. Followed the news, debated online, read blogs, and in a nutshell just spent every minute thinking about Israel and what I could do. I was depressed and my energy levels were so low I even got sick. I joined an "Education for Peace" organization... and after that, tried to go back to my everyday activities... I figured, hey!people in our company have to eat too...

So near the weekend I decided to do the things I always do... shull activities, watch movies, read books, hang out with friends... So here's my movie and book report for this weekend:

Practical Kabbalah: A Guide to Jewish wisdom for Everyday Life by Rabbi Laibl Wolf This is a fantastic read!!! Sefirot for Dummies I would call it (not meaning to be disrespectful, but it's sooo practical, really) It is a day to day wording for an amazingly extraordinary topic. The book is full of wisdom and love. 100% recommended. It has a lot of meditations that I am now recording in order to use in my Torah Yoga practice.

Trembling Before G-d: This is a 2001 documentary which I only heard of now... we watched this movie at Shull last Thursday night and are preparing a debate on the topic. I found the documentary to be very intense and eye opening. I believe this debate is going to be very high-heat. I am of the belief that homosexuality cannot be undone... yet I have read about a lot of organizations who think differently. Well, I wish them luck. Being gay must be horribly hard, and I stand up for anybody who is in touch enough with themselves to know what they really feel. Anyhooooo.. more info will come after the debate, this could involve a 27 page post from my part.

Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Can I kiss Captain Sparrow? I want to kiss Captain Sparrow... is he jewish? Can I marry him??? He's a bit ego-maniac but oh (deep sigh) he's soooo cute!!!

So, there it is. The only things keeping my head from Israel... now back to reading the news/blogs and confirming that there is no Hezballah military equipment in civilian houses in Lebanon. (Last sentence written with a very sarcastic tone, pls just readthis to understand where I'm coming from)


Shalom Aleichem

No comments: