7/19/2006

Where are the parents?

Ok, so here's the deal. I want peace. We all need peace.

I am 100% pro Israel. I believe in this case Israel's moves, although sad, are a necessary evil.

And of course, I stick to my people. The world has harrassed us for years and years, and today, even though there's only 14 million of us, we stand straight and proud. The Holocaust didn't erradicate us and we will fight to see our children grow in a wonderful and peaceful Eretz Israel.

But something made me feel sick today... what on Earth are these girls doing? Yeah yeah yeah, "with love".. .come on people, let's stop the sarcasm. Where are these girls' parents? Are they behind them promoting this kind of Neandarthal behavior? Am I the only person disgusted by this image? The Arab world must be rejoicing to see we have morons on our side too and they have pictures to show for it. What a shame.

With power comes responsability (sorry for the very accurate, yet comic relif-like Spiderman reference)and us jews around the world have a big responsability. We have to set the example and not leave a doubt in anybody's mind of what our intentions are and what our values are. It is our responsability, today more than ever, to act kind, compassionate, thoughtfully and peacefully. May all our actions reflect our love for G-d and our love for Eretz Israel, as well as our love for all of G-d's creatures. It is our obligation from where I stand, and not our choice.

No comments: