8/02/2006

I judged too quickly, but here's to our boys!!!

First and foremost: Rebecca, you are a sweetheart!!! You just made my day!!!! My first commenter ever!!! Yeaiiii!!!!

So I posted a whiny comment saying my family would not fast on Tisha B'Av and would mock me like they did on 17 Tammuz... but I was too quick to judge. At least the situation in Israel has brought collective conscience to all and we will all [my family and me] have a peaceful fast B'H.

Now, to lift up morale, here are some pictures of our boys from the Tzajal... the strong, corageous and compassionate boys that fight for our safety and for our right to exist. Those for whom I will daven and fast for tonight...









You gotta love them!!! For now, I leave wishing you a peaceful fast, with this quote to ponder upon:

"Jews are compassionate children of compassionate parents, and one who shows no pity for fellow creatures is assuredly not of the seed of Abraham, our father."
- Babylonian Talmud, Betzah 32a

No comments: