8/22/2006

I've been tagged!!!

The war in Israel apparently overloaded Bloglanders with too many hours of computer time, opinions and propaganda, so everybody seems to have been taking a break, myself included. I was going to post about something that pissed me off, and then I realized I got tagged, therefore changed my perspective of the post to something I found more fun. So here it is:

1. One book that changed your life?
Eckhart Tolle- The Power of Now
I've mentioned it before in this blog... this book is a fantastic read. Say goodbye to anxiety and depression for the rest of your life. Tolle's outlook on life, on G-d and on the irrelevance of the past and future make you think twice, three times and a hundred times of the innecesary suffering we put ourselves through so often.

2. One book you have read more than once?
The Little Prince- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
I read this book constantly. It's beautiful, real and uplifting. (Yes, REAL. If you don't think so, you're just another grown-up like the ones he mentions.)
Jurassic Park-Michael Crichton
It's nothing like the movie. Jurassic Park might be a novel, but it is a book on Chaos Theory. It's fantastic.
Picture of Dorian Grey- Oscar Wilde
I read it ever so often... great quotes. Reminds me of whom I wouldn't ever want to become.

3. One book you would want on a desert island?
The Little Prince... and Torah, of course...

4. One book that made you laugh?
Jewish as a Second Language- Molly Katz hilariousssssss

5. One book that made you cry?
Paula- Isabel Allende
Tuesdays at Morrie's- Mitch Albom
Both books... I started crying from the first page.

6. One book you wish had been written?
A history book called "and the World Lived Happily Ever After"

7. One book you wish had never been written?
Every hateful book...

8. One book you are currently reading?
Sex Matters... From sex to superconsciousness-Osho
I'm only halfway through, but this book focuses on avoiding the control sex has on human lifes, appreciating the connection a sexual relation can bring to G-d as it is a most holly act, the manifestation of G-d's creative energy.

9. One book you've been meaning to read?
So much to read!!! So little time!!! I'm missing hundreds of books... I have some Isabel Allende's to read, I want to read a couple by Garcia Marquez, and a whole lot more... and of course, Harry Potter book 7, but JKR doesn't want to publish yet! Move, woman!!! We're waiting!!!

10. Now I'm supposed to tag 5 people... but, mmmm, I'll just let my readers (if there are any) tag themselves. :o)

Have a good one!

No comments: