6/19/2006

Surreal Monday Morning

This morning I woke up to the beautiful view of my bedroom window... the ocean... the ships... the clouds... the sky...my bedroom is one of the best places to feel connected to G-d. So this morning, like every other morning, I opened my eyes, looked out the window (I never close the curtains, I'd rather be awaken by sunlight in my face than missig that majestic view before I go to sleep or after I wake up)and I guess I hadn't woken up completely.. .there was a surreal look to my bedroom, the kind of surreal feeling the Torah describes every time someone meets an angel... and I said my Mode Ani with more feeling than ever before... truly thankful to have my soul back and truly thankful for the grandeour of the moment.

It was like the perfect ending to a surreal weekend. It was surreal in every way, everything that happened was bizarre....the good, the bad and the ugly.

Friday
My friend-whose-ex-husband-dumped-for-one-of-his-mistresses moved to the city last week, sick of living in her little town where every woman-friend she had had slept with her husband. She has 3 adorable little people and they are staying at my place because they still have no furniture in their new home.

The jewish school she wanted to send her kids to couldn't take in more kids, supposedly working ot its maximum capacity... I gave he-who-honestly-still-rocks-my-world a phone call and the kids got an appointment in the school and were tested as super smart and admitted. Yeai!!! Great start for the weekend.

Shabbos
Took my friend and her kids to shull. I loved having them around, specially for the final blessing, in which my shull has the tradition of holding hands with their family and I am always alone... They got to hang out with the kids they had met earlier in school and had a blast.

Then it was off to a very special dinner for me. He-who-still-rocks-my-world invited me over. Shabbos dinner with his family and friends. I know he doesn't want to be my boyfriend, but at least he wanted me over in the intimacy of his shabbat dinner.

When I came back home, my next door neighbor had his door open and friends of mine where there... having wine and desert, so I joined them and talked and laughed until 3 in the morning.

Saturday

So Shabbos was over and it was time to get pretty... oh-so-pretty!!! Went to a friend's wedding and did the mitzvah of dancing and laughing with the bride and groom. I also drank a couple of the best Cuban Mojitos!!! So there I was, in this gigantic wedding, with hundreds of people (It could've been around 1000 people) and on the happy note mingled and met new people. On the not so happy side, I wondered how people can spend the hundreds of thousands of dollars that this wedding must have cost in a one night event... how much is too much? Whatever happened to a nice Jupa on the beach with your closest friends and family? Closer to G-d and further from Vegas... really the bride and groom came into the party in a platform that elevated them, like any cheap Vegas show...

So, smile here, smile there and home... pretty late, again.

Sunday
Here comes the ugly. Alcoholism, love and an intervention. This deserves a complete post so I will write about it ASAP.

In the mean time... try to place yourselves in my window... blurry, majestic, and surreal... and let me get my things done cause I'm leaving the country in 2 days and have to leave everything in order...









No comments: